HOW DOES IT WORK?
The selections are open to all, free of charge. Registration is mandatory in order to ensure the smooth running of the tours.
To register your horse for the selection rounds, simply complete the registration form corresponding to the category of your horse (3 & 4 years old, foal, embryo, performer or broodmare).
Once you have completed the registration form, you will receive a confirmation email. The Fences office will get back to you a few days before the chosen selection date to inform you of your time slot.
ON SELECTION DAY
Ideally, your horse should be groomed. The videos and photos of the selections will be used to promote your horse for the auction.
1. When you arrive, report to the Fences office (usually located at the entrance to the arena) with the horse’s booklet. We will give you the exact number of horses that are still to go before you.
2. When you enter the arena, a completed information sheet and your horse’s booklet will be given to the Fences Associates.
3. The presentation begins with the evaluation of the origins, the model and the legs. The Fences associates will ask you to stop your horse in the middle of the arena and then walk and trot in a straight line.
4. Time to jump! Your horse will be set free to practice a few jumping sequences on the obstacles shown below. The Fences team takes care of everything.
The height and width of the obstacles will be adapted to the abilities of each horse.
5. Once the presentation is complete, the Fences associates will return to you before you leave the arena with one of the following answers:
• Your horse is not retained for auctions
• Your horse is selected for the Deauville Selection Auction on July 5, 2022
• Your horse is selected for the Fences Elite Auctions from August 30 to September 4, 2022